Patina Diorama…

Welcome to the 2nd of my projects using Thompson Craft Supplies 1st mixed media kit, Steampunk Patina available at Steampunk Patina Kit

I remembered that I had picked up these lovely old tins at  a carboot sale last year and when I saw the colours on this one, I knew it was screeming to be made into a project with this kit.

DSC00356.JPG

The gorgeous colours of the aged tin matched the patina theme of our kit well and the paints are just a perfect match for the colours.

Inside I used Prima black gesso to coat the tin and then roughly applied all 4 paints from the kit in blue, green, brown and gold. I also cut a piece from the crate sheet the same size as the inside of the bottom of the tin as shown below

The piece from the crate sheet was then glued to the bottom part of the tin using Prima 3d gloss gel. Then a piece was cut from the Stamperia rice sheet from the kit and the same technique used to adhere to the inside top of the tin.

 

Next using a Tim Holtz Stamp set ‘Steampunk’ and Memento black ink, I stamped some images on to some script paper. You could use the back of the crate sheet to achieve this effect.

DSC00361.JPG

The stamped images were cut out and layered inside the bottom part of the tin using foam tape.

DSC00363

At this stage, one of the cogs from the kit was added along with a vial of the microbeads, and the small piece from the Bramble Fox set,  also from the kit. The dots are Nuvo Copper Penny, an add-on item available to buy here 

DSC00364

One of the Prima crystals was applied onto of the cog and a 49 and Market flower from the kit,

DSC00365.JPG

At the top of the tin, the hand and ‘admit one’ were also images stamped from the same Tim Holtz set and were again layered using foam tape. The Nuvo drops were the use around the edge and around the hot air balloon

DSC00365.JPG

At the top of the tin, the hand and ‘admit one’ were also images stamped from the same Tim Holtz set and were again layered using foam tape. The Nuvo drops were the use around the edge and around the hot air balloon

DSC00368DSC00369

On the outside of the tin, a scrap from the dark cog sheet in the kit was used to cover the central band on the tin. A metal piece was then applied and one of the kits Prima Flowers adhered on top and it looks stunning.

The outside was finished with the Spiegelmom Scraps sequins made exclusively for this kit

DSC00368

Here are a few extra close ups of the piece. I hope you like it and it inspires your own make

DSC00366DSC00367DSC00370DSC00371DSC00372

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s